Jim’s Hazardous Materials Removal offer comprehensive, tailored packages for the testing and remediation of properties that have been exposed to prohibited substances manufacturing.
Why choose us:
- Strong focus on customer service and confidentiality.
- Jim’s Hazardous Materials Removal technicians are highly skilled, experienced.
- We are committed to best work practices to ensure successful and stress free remediation, every time.
Signs of prohibited substances at your property.
Common warning signs that your property may have been used include:
- Strong odours (acrid, sour, solvents, ammonia)
- Discolouration of structures, soil and pavement
- Burns, unusual stains, yellowed walls and rust in strange places such as on window fittings or door handles.
- General unwellness in the household – particularly in children
The four-step removal process
Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal will manage the inspection, removal and remediation process from start to finish.
- Onsite Survey and Inspection:
- A preliminary assessment of the property will identify likely affected areas of the home and initiate the development of the master remediation plan.
- The remediation plan/scope of works, will start with a description of the property – layout, adjacent properties, size and locations of rooms, ventilation systems, a description of interior surfaces as well as noting any fixtures and furnishings that are on site.
- Jim’s Hazardous Material technicians will confirm the cooking or manufacturing method and document areas that look to have sustained the heaviest contamination. They will investigate whether disposal occurred in or around the property – burning, dumping, burying etc – and test whether any systems such as plumbing or electrical have been damaged.
- Other hazardous materials such as asbestos or mould will also be identified and included in the remediation plan.
- Pre-forensic testing by Jim’s Building Inspections:
- Once Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal have assessed the property it is recommended that a swab test for the presence to be conducted on the home. This swab test is completed by Jim’s Building Inspections.
- This test can single out contaminated areas and pinpoint any furnishings or materials too contaminated to be cleaned. Pre-forensic testing is essential to:
- Confirm the conditions before remediation begins
- To ensure the wellbeing and safety of any person working onsite
- To meet sampling requirements needed by banks, insurance companies and property owners.
- To help establish remediation costs.
- If further testing is required, Jim’s Building Inspections will contract a forensic hygienist to conduct the lab test for the presence in the property.
Forensic hygienists work with local councils and remediators to ‘clean up’ former lab sites. They work in accordance with the National Clandestine Drub Laboratory Remediation Guidelines and conduct validation testing both pre and post remediation works to confirm that the site has been successfully remediated and is safe and hazard free.
- Lab remediation by Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal
The remediation action plan is confirmed based on the pre-forensic testing results and technicians can now begin the cleanup.
To remediate affected areas to a safe and hazard-free condition the following steps may be taken:
- Remove and dispose of any loose material including household items, furniture, personal belongings etc.
- Remove and dispose of any biohazard material
- Decontaminate and treat all internal surfaces contaminated, as indicated on the site survey
- Flush all drains, sinks, toilets and outside drains with specialized neutralizing chemicals
- Clean any ventilation and air conditioning systems affected by chemicals
- High pressure clean paved surfaces and contaminated structural elements of the property
- Soil check of outside chemical disposal sites
- Clean wall surfaces, floor surfaces and ceiling surfaces
Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal use advanced technologies, safe and environmentally friendly chemicals to combat any side effects.
- Post forensic testing and final report
- Following the remediation process the property will be retested by a forensic hygienist for any presence and samples sent to an independent laboratory for analysis.
- This is probably the most important stage of the remediation process – the clearance testing determines whether the property has been remediated to a safe, bio-hazard and chemical free state and in accordance with Australian standards.
- Once the property is deemed safe, Jim’s Hazardous Material will provide a validation report and sign off for re-habitation.
The final report will be available to clients and includes the following:
- Thorough case narrative including information found in the very first site inspection report, law enforcement reports, test results and a list of all professionals involved in the remediation process.
- Methods and processes undertaken to remediate the lab including the remediation action plan, workers safety and procedures used to decontaminate the property and waste management.
- Results indicating the property has been cleaned and decontaminated to Australian standards and fit for habitation. Lab results are also included.
Clean up costs
The cost of remediation very much depends on the property and the extent of decontamination that is required.
The primary areas of cost can include:
- Size of property and the type of structure
- Accessibility to the property
- Amount of waste and contaminated materials that need to be discarded
- Presence of asbestos or other hazardous materials
- Contamination levels
- Specialist engagement of pre and post remediation forensic testing
- Inclusion of refurbishment costs
If you have concerns about your home or place of work, do not hesitate to give us a call on 131 546 or click to enquire here.
We look forward to being of assistance.
Do you suffer from asthma, fatigue, anxiety, skin infections, aching joints, loss of libido, headaches….? If these symptoms are...
Mould comes in many colours – black, blue, white, green and orange… and despite the pretty hues and patterns,...