Jim’s Hazardous Materials Removal offer comprehensive, tailored packages for the confidential testing and remediation of properties that have been exposed to prohibited substances.
Why choose us:
- Strong focus on customer service and confidentiality.
- Jim’s Hazardous Materials Removal technicians are highly skilled, trained and experienced.
- We are committed to best work practices to ensure successful and stress-free remediation, every time.
Signs of prohibited substances at your property.
Common warning signs that your property may have been used for the manufacture of prohibited substances include:
- Strong odours (acid, sour, solvents, ammonia)
- Discolouration of structures, soil and pavement
- Burns, unusual stains, yellowed walls, and rust in strange places such as on window fittings or door handles.
- General unwellness in the household – particularly in children
The four-step removal process
Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal will manage the inspection, removal, remediation and clearance process from start to finish.
- Preliminary sampling and site assessment:
- Part of the preliminary assessment includes rapid testing of 5 areas of the home. The results of the rapid testing will form the basis for the development of the master remediation plan.
- The remediation plan/scope of works, will start with a description of the property – layout, adjacent properties, size and locations of rooms, ventilation systems, a description of interior surfaces as well as noting any fixtures and furnishings that are on site.
- Other hazardous materials such as asbestos or mould will also be identified and included in the remediation plan.
2. Remediation by Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal
The remediation action plan is confirmed based on rapid testing results.
Remediation of the home will include some, or all of the below actions:
- Remove and dispose of any loose / porous materials including household items, furniture, personal belongings, etc (if we do not believe they can be successfully remediated).
- Removal and disposal of any biohazard material or paraphernalia.
- Decontamination and treatment of all internal contaminated surfaces including all horizontal surfaces, walls and ceilings.
- Flush all drains, sinks, toilets and outside drains with specialized neutralizing chemicals.
- Cleaning and decontamination of all ventilation and air conditioning systems affected by chemicals.
Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal use advanced technologies, safe and environmentally friendly chemicals to combat any side effects.
- Post Remediation Verifciation – Clean Home Certificate
- Following the remediation process the property Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal can provide you with a Clean Home Certificate. This is probably the most important stage of the remediation process – the clearance testing determines whether the property has been remediated to a safe, bio-hazard and chemical free state and in accordance with Australian standards.
- Clean Certificates are a process in which the customer and client have scientific data that enable understanding of what condition the building is in post remediation.
- All assessments and certification is time stamped and recorded that enables pre-maintenance works, with secure history of the building.
- Responsibility for condition of built environment is shared by both sides of the landlord and tenant relationship.
- The certificate protocol has been developed by an independent hygienist in conjunction with industry practitioners, with approved process and contractual auditing safeguards.
- Any trade and maintenance works can be conducted under safe working environment.
- All assessments are currently conducted by Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal and Jim’s Building Inspectors who have undertaken training provided by industry leading Hygienist.
- All assessments are undertaken with privacy and confidentially at the forefront.
- Data capturing, logging and reporting on all aspects of building lifespan.
- Reduction in responsibility and liability through pro-active stringent OH&S assessment and reporting.
- Insurance related reductions for landlords due to pro active maintenance.
- Scientific and Independent scientific data for any potential tenant / landlord disagreements. This minimising uncertainty for all parties involved.
- Included in the certification process is the inclusion of an Electronic Certificate sent to owner of building and/or owner’s representative as well as a Meter Box Sticker, that enables quick onsite identification for all potential maintenance/trade related works.
The final report will be available to clients and includes the following:
- Thorough case narrative including information found in the very first site inspection report, law enforcement reports, test results and a list of all professionals involved in the remediation process.
- Methods and processes undertaken to remediate the lab including the remediation action plan, workers safety and procedures used to decontaminate the property and waste management.
- Results indicating the property has been cleaned and decontaminated to Australian standards and fit for habitation. Lab results are also included.
Clean up costs
The cost of remediation very much depends on the property and the extent of decontamination that is required.
The primary areas of cost can include:
- Size of property and the type of structure
- Accessibility to the property
- Amount of waste and contaminated materials that need to be discarded
- Presence of asbestos or other hazardous materials
- Contamination levels
- Specialist engagement of pre and post remediation forensic testing
- Inclusion of refurbishment costs
If you have concerns about your home or place of work, do not hesitate to give us a call on 131 546 or click to enquire here.
We look forward to being of assistance.
Do you suffer from asthma, fatigue, anxiety, skin infections, aching joints, loss of libido, headaches….? If these symptoms are...
Mould comes in many colours – black, blue, white, green and orange… and despite the pretty hues and patterns,...