Prohibited Substances Decontamination In Brisbane
Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal Brisbane offer comprehensive, tailored packages for the testing and remediation of properties that have been exposed to illicit substances manufacturing and / or high usage of these substances. These substances may include but are not limited to methamphetamines (inclusive of illegal drug references such as ice, speed, meth, crystal, crystal meth,
With a strong focus on customer service and confidentiality, our technicians are highly skilled, experienced and committed to best work practices to ensure successful and stress free remediation, every time.
There are a number of tell-tale signs that can suggest the presence of a drug lab including discarded cold-and-flu medication tablets, empty pseudoephedrine blister packs (especially without a prescription sticker), gas cylinders, stained coffee filters and pH testers – in combination, these could be an indication that illicit drugs are being manufactured on your property.
Signs of contamination at your property
- Rubbish such as discarded cold-and-flu medication tablets, empty pseudoephedrine blister packs (especially without a prescription sticker), light bulbs, gas cylinders, stained coffee filters and pH testers
- Laboratory glassware such as beakers, volumetric flasks and boiling vessels (similar to high school chemistry sets)
- Makeshift heating and cooling devices, extractor fans on sheds and garages and usual electrical work along with blacked out or sealed windows.
- Strong odours (acrid, sour, solvents, ammonia)
- Discolouration of structures, soil and pavement
- Burns, unusual stains, yellowed walls and rust in strange places such as on window fittings or door handles.
- General unwellness in the household – particularly in children
Call Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal Brisbane on 131 546 to arrange a FREE quote (which includes the initial site inspection).
The four-step decontamination process
Step 1: Pre-forensic testing
Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal Brisbane will assess the property by conducting a swab test for the presence. This test can single out contaminated areas and pinpoint any furnishings or materials that are too contaminated to be cleaned. This process will allow you to identify the condition of the property before any remediation begins.
Step 2: Onsite survey and inspection
Following testing, our team will identify the affected areas of the property and put together a remediation action plan.
Our technicians will document the areas that have sustained contamination and will investigate whether any disposal occurred in or around the property – burning, dumping, burying etc. Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal Brisbane will also test whether any systems such as plumbing or electrical have been damaged and require replacing.
Step 3: Decontamination Process
In order to properly decontaminate any affected areas and return a property to a safe condition, Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal professionals will safely:
- Remove and dispose of any loose material including household items, furniture, personal belongings etc.
- Remove and dispose of any biohazard material
- Decontaminate and treat all internal contaminated surfaces, as indicated on the remediation action plan
- Flush all drains, sinks, toilets and outside drains with specialized neutralising chemicals
- Clean any ventilation and air conditioning systems affected by chemicals
- High pressure clean paved surfaces and contaminated structural elements of the property
- Complete a soil check of outside chemical disposal sites
- Clean wall surfaces, floor surfaces and ceiling surfaces
Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal use advanced technologies and environmentally friendly chemicals to combat the effects in the property.
Step 5: Post forensic testing and final report
Following the remediation process, the property will be retested by a forensic hygienist and the samples will be sent to an independent laboratory for analysis.
A clearance certificate will then be issued to re-inhabit the property.
If you have concerns that there may be illicit drug or chemical contamination of your Brisbane home, investment property or place of work, do not hesitate to give us a call on 131 546 or enquire here.
After asbestos-containing materials have been removed from your home, it does not necessarily mean that the risks for inhaling asbestos fibres have been totally eliminated. Whether...
It is common knowledge that asbestos can make people sick. But other than the respiratory difficulties that it is known to cause, do you know anything more...
Perhaps you’ve heard that the government allows homeowners to take care of asbestos removal in cases involving under 10 square metres of material. In your desire to save money, would you be...
Asbestos is a dangerous material, and therefore needs to be removed using the correct and safe procedures. The type of license required to remove asbestos is dependent on what category it falls into – Class A or Class B....
Used Needle and Syringe Disposal Hotlines It can be distressing to find used and discarded drug needles and syringes. They can often be dumped in public spaces and are sometimes found on...