Prohibited Substances Decontamination In Iandra
Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal Iandra offer comprehensive, tailored packages for the testing and remediation of properties that have been exposed to manufacturing and high usage.
With a strong focus on customer service and confidentiality, our technicians are highly skilled, experienced and committed to best work practices to ensure successfull and stress free remediation, every time.
Signs of contamination at your property
- Strong odours (acrid, sour, solvents, ammonia)
- Discolouration of structures, soil and pavement
- Burns, unusual stains, yellowed walls and rust in strange places such as on window fittings or door handles.
- General unwellness in the household – particularly in children
Call Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal on 131 546 to arrange a FREE quote (which includes the initial site inspection.)
The four-step removal process
Jim’s will assess the property by conducting a swab test for the presence. This test can single out contaminated areas and pinpoint any furnishings or materials that are too contaminated to be cleaned. This process will allow you to identify the condition of the property before any remediation begins.
Onsite survey and inspection
Following testing, our team will identify the affected areas of the property and put together a remediation action plan.
Our technicians will document the areas that have sustained contamination and will investigate whether any disposal occurred in or around the property – burning, dumping, burying etc. Jim’s will also test whether any systems such as plumbing or electrical have been damaged and require replacing.
In order to properly decontaminate any affected areas and return a property to a safe condition, a Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal professional will:
- Remove and dispose of any loose material including household items, furniture, personal belongings etc.
- Remove and dispose of any biohazard material
- Decontaminate and treat all internal contaminated surfaces, as indicated on the remediation action plan
- Flush all drains, sinks, toilets and outside drains with specialized neutralising chemicals
- Clean any ventilation and air conditioning systems affected by chemicals
- High pressure clean paved surfaces and contaminated structural elements of the property
- Complete a soil check of outside chemical disposal sites
- Clean wall surfaces, floor surfaces and ceiling surfaces
Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal use advanced technologies and environmentally friendly chemicals to combat the effects in the home.
Post forensic testing and final report
Following the remediation process, the property will be retested by a forensic hygienist and the samples will be sent to an independent laboratory for analysis.
A clearance certificate will then be issued to reinhabit the property.
It is common knowledge that asbestos can make people sick. But other than the respiratory difficulties that it is known to cause, do you know anything more...
Not all property improvement projects are of equal importance. Some types of construction and renovation projects can wait, are optional, or can be shelved in favour of...
Do you suffer from asthma, fatigue, anxiety, skin infections, aching joints, loss of libido, headaches….? If these symptoms are sounding all too familiar then it might be time to look for a cause that’s close to home – mould. What is mould? Mould is a type of fungus which...
I have found a used needle or syringe near my home, what should I do? The Australian Government Department of Health has standing advice for people when they find a used needle...
Mould comes in many colours – black, blue, white, green and orange… and despite the pretty hues and patterns, mould is potentially your biggest threat to a healthy home. The most common types of mould include aspergillus, cladosporium and stachybotrys atra (also known as black mould). Aspergillus is a...