COMMERCIAL ASBESTOS REMOVAL SERVICE
Commercial Asbestos Removal Service
At Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal we can provide commercial asbestos removal across a wide range of property types including but not limited to:
- Commercial Property
- Industrial Property
- Government Property
- Civil Infrastructure Assets
We have commercial asbestos removal experience working for:
- Government Departments
- Property Owners
- Property Managers
- Commercial Strata Property / Body Corporate
- Builders & Property Developers
- Demolition Companies
- Insurance Companies
IS MY COMMERCIAL PROPERTY AT RISK?
If your commercial or industrial property was built before the mid-1980s there’s a high chance that there are asbestos-containing products. However, any workplace constructed prior to 2003 must have been assessed and if asbestos is present ensure that it is covered by a Management Plan.
Interestingly, despite the Australia-wide ban of asbestos, some rogue companies are still importing questionable building materials which make their way into the supply chain ending up in residential and workplace buildings.
“Australians have been unwittingly exposed to potentially large quantities of illegally imported building products containing asbestos, with no records of where the killer substance has been used and little chance of preventing its spread.” – The Australian
THE COMMERCIAL ASBESTOS REMOVAL PROCESS
Working out what needs to be removed and when is the first major step.
Do you need testing and an Asbestos Register and Management Plan? Jim’s Asbestos Removal is happy to arrange this for you with Jim’s Building Inspections; who perform asbestos inspections and testing in conjunction with a NATA approved lab.
We can also respond to any Requests for Quotations and are happy to respond within a Tender & Bid process. Our team are present all major metropolitan centers and also service some regional areas of Australia. Consequently we are also able to provide a response and be engaged under a Panel process.
What services do Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal offer?
Jim’s Asbestos Removal offer 6 key services in the management of asbestos in a commercial sense
1. Asbestos Testing
- Working out what needs to be removed and when is the first major step in identifying asbestos containing materials around the home or place of work.
- A visual inspection of the presence of asbestos containing materials is conducted by Jim’s Building Inspections on behalf of Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal.
- Jim’s Hazardous Materials manages the asbestos testing process on your behalf through Jim’s Building Inspections, who perform the inspections and testing in conjunction with a NATA approved laboratory.
- Professional testing undertaken by licensed asbestos assessors is the best and safest way to determine whether or not a property contains asbestos materials.
2. Asbestos Removal
- A date and plan of action is set after testing. Especially when working with Commercial and Industrial Property and its tenants preparation is the key to a smooth process.
- At Jim’s Asbestos Removal, we value communication and will discuss issues such as access to your premises, power and water availability and so on to safeguard high standards. We will facilitate access and manage overall site control to ensure that staff and public safety is ensured whilst being as cost and time efficient as possible.
- Preparation for effective disposal and the use of Protective Equipment is also prepared prior to commencement of commercial asbestos removal.
- Depending on the scale of the job the removal will take place over various periods of time and may include the use of various subcontractors for safe work at heights.
- Removal usually begins by removing trims and fastenings to expose the asbestos-containing material.
- The materials will be carefully removed and relocated to the disposal areas where they will be bagged and wrapped as well as labelled prior to disposal.
3. Asbestos Encapsulation
- Not all asbestos can be safely removed and in some instances, it makes more sense to leave it where it is and simply seal off the harmful material.
- Asbestos is only a concern when it is broken apart, allowing asbestos threads to become airborne. Encapsulation is the process of coating the asbestos with a sealant which penetrates the asbestos, hardening the fibers and preventing the release of asbestos dust.
- A bridging encapsulant and a penetrating encapsulant are used for different purposes. A bridging encapsulant serves to bridge the fibers over the surface whereas a penetrating encapsulant penetrates the material. The penetrating encapsulant also binds its components so there isn’t any dangerous fallout.
4. Asbestos Air Monitoring
- Asbestos Air Monitoring in a commercial or industrial setting is an assessment of the air quality with regards to asbestos fibers.
- Air monitoring involves collecting and sampling airborne asbestos, a process which accurately assesses one’s exposure to hazardous fibers or the level of effectiveness of the current asbestos management system; this includes both control monitoring and exposure monitoring.
- If you think your workplace, commercial or industrial site has been exposed to asbestos particles or works that may disturb in-situ Asbestos may be planned, then consider our commercial asbestos air monitoring services.
- Commercial Asbestos Air Monitoring may also be carried out in conjunction with both bonded and friable asbestos removal. Air Monitoring is mandatory when conducting Friable or Class A Asbestos Removal works in any setting including commercial and industrial removal jobs.
Air monitoring is a service offered by Jim’s Building Inspections and managed by Jim’s Hazardous Material Removal.
5. Clearance Certificates
- A clearance certificate is a compliance document that is provided to the owner or engaging authority regarding the presence/absence of Asbestos in a commercial or industrial building or structure that has undergone asbestos removal.
- This certificate indicates that a thorough inspection has been carried out by an A class asbestos assessor, following the removal of asbestos, and declares the area is safe to be occupied.
- The inspection is usually carried out by an assessor who is independent of the company which managed the asbestos removal process. We work with Jim’s Building Inspections to provide this service.
Call one of our friendly asbestos removalists on 131 546 for a free quote.